T880 gauge question
09-24-2026, (Subject: T880 gauge question ) 
Post: #3
RE: T880 gauge question
It is an engine ecu programming issue, not a vehicle controller issue. - It is quite easy to have the DEF signal to continue to be broadcast from the ecu to read whatever someone wants (within reason), even after a proper de-mandate with everything shut off.

.. especially so for a KW-T880, its very easy ...

I very well know the answer/solution to this question. It would be extremely rare not to be able to have that gauge show whatever someone wants when the programming is done correctly.

... HOWEVER ... The forum here is the WRONG place to ask this type of programming question. These types of questions are what my mumble server is for. - Discussions related to ecu programming...
info on getting on mumble: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...63#pid2163

... that being said ...

I also had someone recently (within past couple weeks I think) ask me this same question on mumble. Not sure if this was you or not.. but that person made a complete fool of themselves, because all they were doing was demanding the immediate answer on there ... and I don't do that for people unless I already know up front that the program overall is 100% safe they are trying to edit for the engine to begin with.

I/E.> After the DEF gauge questions was asked ... (my first thoughts are always) -> This is very often a clear sign that the rest of the programing is most likely bad/harmful too. As with many bad deletes, the DEF gauge often stops working, ... so ... That someone was offered instead, to have the entire programing reviewed for correctness (while they watched my screen so I could explain its quality) to ensure the whole program is not harmful to the engine first. This is FAR MORE IMPORTANT AND the appropriate thing to do.

.. and since everything I do is for free any-ways ... it would be absolutely stupid on someone else's part not to take a few minutes to at least have the rest of the programming checked too ...

however ... all I got was arguments and an impatient, grumpy attitude by them in return.

ALL I could think of is that they either flat-out did not care,.. about the equipment itself that they were tinkering with ... OR ... that they were trying to hide something, which in itself is bad, especially when it comes to ecu programming.

- Believe me when I say that after 20+ years of reviewing custom programming, that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING 'secret' about any of this stuffs that I have not already seen or have already done/tried/tested/etc. at some point, or could simply just do on my own.

... so ...

- Let me just warn everyone up front ... I do not tolerate people who want a quick and dirty answer to a programming question when I do not already know the immediate situation in full. I do not operate that way.. because I ACTUALLY GIVE A DA$MN! and own equipment of my own.

- Because of this, I am unwilling to help ANYONE to edit questionable/unknown quality programming, and especially so for someone who does not care about the overall integrity of the programming they are using inside a $40,000 commercial engine, but wants to start with arguing instead.

Take the time to let me help you with it instead.

ITS ABOUT GETTING THINGS RIGHT.. 100% RIGHT.. AND NOT JUST PART OF IT!!!. Otherwise something mechanical will suffer the result at some point ... There is no excuse for anything less!.

That engine/truck is 80% likely to be someone's SOLE POINT OF INCOME for their business ... and to make mistakes, or simply not care deeply about its integrity (or its programming) as a whole FIRST, before trying to solve a trivial thing such as a DEF gauge issue, becomes a problem for me real fast.

I DO THINGS RIGHT.. 100% AS RIGHT AS IT CAN BE, AS IF I OWNED IT,.. OR NOTHING AT ALL!. - I do own trucks of my own, and I know better!.

... so NO, I do not always give someone the quick-fix answers for something just because they asked, when everything else they are doing is completely questionable and/or has not yet been verified. - Call me an arsse for it, but I have standards for what I do, and a loyalty to the equipment itself (as If I owned it at that moment in time) and its overall integrity, and that takes first priority.

TO ME, its like someone from a car crash asking you for a bandaide for their cut finger.. while watching their dog bleed to death for a leg that just got chopped off. - FIX THE DOGS LEG FIRST!... then worry about the finger as you get to it.

Like mentioned above, In that persons case,.. I tried to help them by getting them to have me review the entire file for the safety of the engine overall FIRST + discuss what is found,.. but instead, they went on a grumpy tirade and got argumentative instead. - They chose to completely stick their foot in their mouth and make themselves look like a complete fool, instead of taking the time to ensure that what they had was overall ok for the engine to begin with. It was their loss due to their own grumpy attitude instead of taking the time to work with someone else on a professional level... and perhaps learn something new about what they were doing along the way.

- I also teach how these engines and ecu programming works. Unfortunately though, most people who dig inside ecu programming are far too stuck on their own thoughts to even consider that there are more professional and proper ways to learn this stuffs, but would rather keep their head in the sand, unknowingly tearing up everything they touch.. while swearing they are doing some kind of good.


User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ChickenHawk , hookliftpete , APC , mikkhh


Messages In This Thread
RE: T880 gauge question - Rawze - 09-24-2026



NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.