| T800 using up too much fuel |
| 09-25-2026, (Subject: T800 using up too much fuel ) Post: #1 | |||
| |||
| T800 using up too much fuel I have a 2016 KW T800 that is a fuel guzzler. It was demandated and the hp/torque increased I believe because it got a bigger camshaft. I'd like help with reviewing the software to see if when it was demandated it was done good. | |||
| 09-25-2026, (Subject: T800 using up too much fuel ) Post: #2 | |||
| |||
| RE: T800 using up too much fuel How much of a difference are you burning from before the delete? Is turbo deleted too? | |||
| 09-26-2026, (Subject: T800 using up too much fuel ) Post: #3 | |||
| |||
RE: T800 using up too much fuel (09-25-2026 )SHiggins3604 Wrote: I have a 2016 KW T800 that is a fuel guzzler. It was demandated and the hp/torque increased I believe because it got a bigger camshaft. I'd like help with reviewing the software to see if when it was demandated it was done good. What do you expect?... you (or someone) butchered it by modifying camshafts and other garbage. - What else has been removed/altered?. - And is the VGT still on it?. And I can guarantee that the programming is both harmful and garbage-butchered into oblivion too if whoever did it even suggested that you put different cam, etc. in it. Start by copying the program from the ecm and e-mailing it to me for a proper review of what someone did in there. - And also start sourcing parts to put it back the way its supposed to be instead of trying to drive it around with butchered components/mods that don't belong in it. User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!. | |||
|
| Yesterday, (Subject: T800 using up too much fuel ) Post: #4 | |||
| |||
| RE: T800 using up too much fuel I bought it with the bigger cam and already demandated but someone a friend of a friend modified the programming after I bought it and since then it's been using up more fuel. It does still have the VGT. I've emailed you the ECM file. Thank you for reviewing it. (09-26-2026 )Rawze Wrote:(09-25-2026 )SHiggins3604 Wrote: I have a 2016 KW T800 that is a fuel guzzler. It was demandated and the hp/torque increased I believe because it got a bigger camshaft. I'd like help with reviewing the software to see if when it was demandated it was done good. | |||
| Yesterday, (Subject: T800 using up too much fuel ) Post: #5 | |||
| |||
| RE: T800 using up too much fuel This oughta be a good one | |||
| Today, (Subject: T800 using up too much fuel ) Post: #6 | |||
| |||
RE: T800 using up too much fuel (09-25-2026 )SHiggins3604 Wrote: I have a 2016 KW T800 that is a fuel guzzler. It was demandated and the hp/torque increased I believe because it got a bigger camshaft. I'd like help with reviewing the software to see if when it was demandated it was done good. == First of all, there is no such thing as "More Power" without it sucking more fuel all the time. The program that I was sent is 600+HP and 2050 trq, which is maxxed out for an ISX. - I cannot say if you physically have the correct cam in your truck or not ... but there are no special/custom cam settings that have been set in the file I was sent vs. the factory file that the engine cam with. I.E.> Some completely clueless idiot is talking sideways out of their arsse when they tell you that your engine requires this file... and if some idiot did install a non-oem cam,.. or an alternate that does not belong to the engine ser#, then you need to start taking steps to have that undone at some point in the near future. == First thing I see is that "yes" it is de-mandated, but it is done so horribly bad!. A lot of harmful settings for a deleted engine, including the biggest, and most common bad-delete mistake of NO engine operating mode control re-mapping being done whatsoever. This means that the ecm will enter rapid DPF warm-up mode and perpetually burn extra fuel all the time to create extra friction/heat to warm up the missing DPF can. It can never satisfy this condition however, as the DPF has been hollowed, remove, etc. This mode control problem shortens engine life by half or less, resulting in head gasket failure, or maybe a burnt piston, or repeating turbo failures. It is also the most common issue with bad delete programming, and it is seen almost on a daily basis. == The auxiliary emissions systems (that kick in once the main DPF stuff is removed) are all still in place too, because no one bothered to shut any of it off properly. This makes the engine fight itself internally going down the roads, leading to ghost power losses, lower fuel mileage, etc.etc. == No one even bothered to actually shut off the EGR gas to the combustion logic.. so the engine still assumes blindly that EGR is going into the intake, making the combustion process harmful to the engine over time. - This is also an engine killer. They also did not correct the most basic things like fuel-air-mix, injection timing, etc.. in the operating mode(s) that the engine is running in. This also shortens engine life significantly. ... and a WHOLE LOT MORE issue with it, many of which are harmful to the engine and its efficiency ... ===================== This garbage program that is not worth putting in a lawn mower... nonetheless shoving into a $40,000 commercial engine. It is the typical garbage-can trash that is seen floating around on face-f*0ok, social madai, and the truck tuning sites ... and is nothing but engine torture, usually, all while the driver would swear nothing seems wrong, as the engine is wound up tighter than a tick internally, fights itself going down the road all the time, eating its own guts out. Welcome to the bad delete club: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...5#pid13255 This is what you got... User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!. | |||
| « Next Oldest | Next Newest » |
NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.


